-
May 28th, 2003, 12:55 AM
#11
Inactive Member
My point is more concern with camera power than the recorder. If there any power surges/drops while shooting from faulty batteries or weak wiring in the camera, you still could see the sound go in and out of sync. 2.5 min is a long enough take to see this. But a decent camera and good batteries are your best chances to succeed. I've done myself, and will most likely do it again if need be.
-
May 28th, 2003, 01:33 AM
#12
Inactive Member
Well you guys have inspired me. I hadn't planned on synching sound with my upcoming super 8 film, (I actually have four rolls left of Super 8 sound film that I was going to try editing in for the dialogue) but now I think I'll give it a shot. I have a Nizo 560 non crystal synch, and I also have an old Eumig Sound (Macro 7000) camera.
Moviestuff--I assume that the above clip was done by rank transfer, but can you get the same results by using a Workprinter Jr.? (I just ordered one [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Also regular 8mm--what editing software did you use on this clip?
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 27, 2003 10:45 PM: Message edited by: macnessa ]</font>
-
May 28th, 2003, 11:35 AM
#13
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by macnessa:
I assume that the above clip was done by rank transfer, but can you get the same results by using a Workprinter Jr.?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Since the above clip was transferred using a WorkPrinter Jr and not a Rank, I would say that the results will look pretty much exactly the same; probably a little better as I didn't spend a great deal of time on the alignment for this clip due to a hectic schedule at the time of transfer. I think you'll love your new WorkPrinter Jr.
Roger
-
May 29th, 2003, 01:35 PM
#14
Inactive Member
Editing was done in Premiere 5.1. Audio was out of sync in the middle and I had to snip out a frame here and there to get it better.
-
May 30th, 2003, 12:08 AM
#15
Inactive Member
I was wondering what is rank transfer?
Thanks
-
May 31st, 2003, 06:25 PM
#16
Inactive Member
Rank is a company name. The company is based in England and are the same folks who make Cooke lenses (I think I'm right about that). A Rank machine scans the film. So it's not a traditional multi-plexer/camera/projector set up. The film is not transferred in real time.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 31, 2003 11:46 PM: Message edited by: rollemfilm ]</font>
-
May 31st, 2003, 09:18 PM
#17
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by rollemfilm:
A Rank machine scans the film.
The film is not transferred in real time.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, the Rank does scan in real time. In fact, it can scan at a variety of rates and can even run mag track in synch during the transfer.
-
June 1st, 2003, 12:09 AM
#18
Inactive Member
I stand corrected. Imagine my embarrassment...But my question is; how can it run real time and still double a few frames a second?
-
June 1st, 2003, 12:40 AM
#19
Inactive Member
The same way a TBC works. Every frame generated is stored in a buffer and then released out to video tape. How long it stays in the buffer equates to how many video frames it takes up on the tape. If it stayed in the buffer indefinately, it would look like a freeze frame. So, for 24fps NTSC material, it buffers a field of frame 4 and a field of frame 5 and creates an "inbetween" frame before releasing to video tape. Therefore, there is a small delay between the scanning of the frame and when it actually writes to the tape but the delay is minimal and constant which makes synching the sound a breeze.
Roger
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks